Sunday, August 22, 2010

Water for Elephants

Let me start by saying that I started reading Paradise by Toni Morrison. It was the first time in my life that I had decided to read a book and not finish it. Even books that I hated the whole time I read them, I finished. Paradise wasn't a bad book, I probably will read it sometime, but I found myself thinking of other things to do instead of reading. It was just not the right time and I wasn't in the right frame of mind to read it. So with a lot of hesitation I picked up Water for Elephants and I am glad I did.
This book is depressing, really depressing and I enjoyed every page. I have been told that I enjoy depressing books, which is probably true because I loved this book. The writing was incredible. The movie for this book comes out next year and there is no way they are going to live up to this book.
Water for Elephants is about a 93 year old man in a nursing home remembering back to 1931 when he joined the circus.
Read it, you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment