Monday, October 31, 2011

The Selfish Gene

I read this book for a class. I had to choose a book that was a science book, but not a text book. The teacher gave us a list of suggestions and I was happy to see this one on it. I have read Richard Dawkins before (The God Delusion) and although it is hard to get through I really enjoy the amount of knowledge he packs into his books. This is the first book he published and I had always wanted to read it and this gave me the push to do it.
I quite enjoyed it, but I know this book would not be something that I would suggest to read to a lot of people. It combines several evolution theories and expands. It gives a slue of examples and explains in great detail every concept he presents.
As far as homework goes, this is the best one I have done all semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment