Monday, January 9, 2012

Ender's Shadow

I am a little behind on my blogging, so let me catch you up. I finished reading Ender's Shadow, technically I finished it on January 1st, but since most of it was read in 2011 I am counting it. That makes a grand total of 16 books read in 2011! This was not the goal of beating last years total of 18, but I am still happy with that number. This year I will try to beat 16 and with full time school and work I think that is a pretty good goal.
So for the book, I had a hard time deciding what book to read next in the Ender's world of books. For those of you who are not familiar with the series, there are actually two series in this same fantasy world and it can be read in many different orders depending on who you talk to. One follows Ender and one that follows Bean. This book is the first one that follows Bean and takes place during the same time as the last book I read Ender's Game, which follows Ender. I think I made the right choice in reading this one next, but I will update you on that after I read all of them.
I actually liked this book more than Ender's Game. This book gave Ender's Game more depth and gave me more understanding. I love these books and highly recommend them!

No comments:

Post a Comment